Butternut squash and chickpea curry
Serves 4. Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or use olive or rapeseed oil)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. good quality Indian curry paste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tin Cucina plum tomatoes
- 1 can Four Seasons chickpeas, drained
- 4 handfuls baby spinach or 1 – 2 handfuls frozen spinach
- Duneen Dairy full fat natural yoghurt and finely chopped fresh coriander to serve.
- Sauté onion in oil in a large saucepan until soft, approximately 5 minutes
- Add the curry paste, cook for 1 minute, then add the butternut squash, tomatoes and 200ml boiling water. Break up the tomatoes, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is cooked.
- Add chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 4 – 5 minutes.
- Serve with wholegrain rice, topped with a little natural yoghurt and fresh coriander.
Leave A Comment